The MIT community has already started working to help people in Haiti affected by Tuesday's earthquake. The PSC is coordinating fundraising efforts to help the community. There are many ways to offer your support during this time of crisis.
- Volunteer to help with fundraising efforts undertaken by the Public Service Center. Contact the PSC at firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your help.
- People interested in giving online gifts to the MIT/Haiti Relief Fund can be directed to: http://giving.mit.edu/givenow/GiftStart.dyn?desig=4014346.
- Donate to the MIT collective fund for Partners in Health (PIH). PIH is a trusted organization with which MIT has a long-term relationship. Several PIH hospitals in Haiti are actively involved in addressing immediate and ongoing health needs. There are two drop off points: the Public Service Center in 4-104 and beginning Jan. 20, the PSC will have booths in Lobby 10 where cash donations can be dropped off.
- Donate directly to Partners in Health. PIH is working with a field hospital set up by the United Nations Development Program that immediately needs pain medications, bandages and other medical supplies.
- Donate to PSC programs, such as grants and Fellowships, which enable the PSC to support student involvement in sustained remediation efforts. Donations can be made online. Please indicate that the donation supports PSC Program Support, Account #2079400. They can also be dropped off at the PSC in 4-104 in Lobby 10 beginning January 20, or mailed to the MIT Public Service Center, 4-104, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139-4307.
Current information on the situation in Haiti can be found on the Center for Future Civic Media web site, a collaboration of the MIT Media Lab and Comparative Media Studies.
Please e-mail the PSC about your Haiti relief efforts. Doing so will enable the PSC to share information, coordinate support, help with fundraising, and publicize events, etc. Contact the PSC for more information about ways to respond to this disaster, and check out this page on our website for updates on campus disaster relief efforts.